sábado, 11 de abril de 2015

Pyraminx

First I want to tell you the history of the Pyraminx puzzle, because it’s very interesting and funny that it was invented before Rubik’s cube.
The Pyraminx is a tetrahedral (pyramid) twisty puzzle which was created by Uwe Meffert in 1970, before Erno Rubik designed his popular three layer cube. Meffert didn’t launch his puzzle until 1981, after he saw the success that Rubik’s cube had at the market and how popular it became. Millions of Pyraminx puzzles were sold, and now Meffert has created lots of new twisty puzzles. Interesting right?

Now we don’t only see Meffert’s Pyraminx in the market, other brands like ShengShou and Moyu have created their own versions for speedcubing. I don’t have one of those two versions but with what I have seen, they are excellent. The speed and turning quality is really good and I think that Moyu’s version is a little bit better that ShengShou’s.

I do have a Pyraminx but it’s not a Meffert’s, Shengshou or Moyu version, it turns really bad, of course it doesn’t corner cuts, and obviously you can’t do speedcubing with it. A friend of my dad bought it to me from Amazon, in the buying webpage says that the puzzle is a Shengshou version. I was really excited because I was going to have a Shengshou Pyraminx but when it arrived I immediately noticed that it wasn’t a known brand puzzle. I learned how to solve it, but because it’s hard to turn I don’t solve it too much. In a future, I would like to buy a Moyu or a ShengShou version of this amazing puzzle. I will leave links where you can buy it. I will also put a link of the webpage where I bought my Pyraminx so you don’t buy it from there, that buyer is a fraud.

Interview to Uwe Mefferts from the Rubiksguy at the Rubik’s Cube Worlds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8CRld9CCnQ

Lightake




Amazon. Don't buy this one!








             This is my Pyraminx








Images taken from:

2 comentarios:

  1. This article is so cool and interesting because with this puzzle you got a lot of time enjoying and of entertainment! And obviously partner Beas is the best in the whole world

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Best Hotels in Phoenix, AZ | Mapyro
    Best Hotels in Phoenix, 파주 출장안마 AZ. We stayed at the best hotel in Phoenix. We had 여주 출장마사지 an incredible time in Phoenix 서귀포 출장샵 with the whole family 거제 출장샵 and everyone was 인천광역 출장샵 happy

    ResponderEliminar