viernes, 10 de abril de 2015

Day 1. Rubik's Brand Speed Cube

The Rubik’s brand speed cube it’s not that good as their webpage says, but what can we expect from a Rubik’s brand cube? Not so much. It has a completely new design from their original cube. It has a spherical core and comes with additional springs. Personally, mine was terrible out of the box. I recognize that it was really faster than the original one, but at the time of solving it and trying to do, at a fast speed, the algorithms it blocked a lot even if my tensions were not too tight. As you probably know, it doesn’t have stickers because they were replaced with tiles, I really like how do they look and the feeling they give to my fingers.
It makes so much noise, if you live with your parents or with anyone else and you don’t want to wake that person up, you mustn’t solve this cube, sometimes that noise becomes so annoying that can desperate you or people around you. What was really frustrating to me is the facility that the cube has to block while turning it.

But all these bad things that I mentioned, considerably changed one day after I lubricated it (thanks to my friend Oliver L. a collaborator of the blog who lent me his lube). Now it’s much faster and has a better feeling, I don’t know why but it doesn’t blocks that much now. I think it’s a good cube to have in a collection but it’s not the greatest thing, instead of buying it you should better purchase a Moyu or Fangshi speedcube. But who knows, probably Rubik’s will take out a much better speedcube, we have to take into consideration that it’s the first Rubik’s brand speedCube and we can’t expect too much from it. Remember the First Dayan cube, it can’t be compared to an actual speedcube, but know Dayan has been improving their cubes and we have the Dayan Zanchi V or even the sixth version of Dayan’s cubes: the Panshi.



So, what do you think about the cube? Do you think Rubik’s will make one day an excellent speedcube? Do you recommend it? Are you going to buy it? 












Here you can see the Rubik's cube spherical core
Image from rubiks.com







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario