viernes, 24 de abril de 2015

Cubing Competition in Tijuana, B.C., Mexico!

Journal. 
04/17/2015
Today I went to a speedcubing Competition in a high school at Tijuana. There was only one category (3x3x3) and it was a small competition. I think only high school students could participate but I’m not really sure about it. Because I was taking classes at my school I couldn't arrive early to the event, so I didn’t have the opportunity to talk with other cubers because they were waiting for their turns to pass and solve the cube.

It’s an experience that I will never forget because it was my first speedcubing competition and I did it really bad. I know there weren't lots of people but I was too nervous. When I was waiting for my turn, I saw other people solving their cubes, they were doing like 12 to 25 seconds solves, and they also knew the full Fridrich method. By the other way, I'm relatively new at this because I don’t even know all the cases of OLL and I need more practice with my F2L. I’m a 35 seconds solver, that was a good time to pass to the second phase, but I had some really bad/funny problems: my hands were shaking a lot and the pressure made me forget the G perm (Gc) which presented on 2 of my 5 solves. I will only tell you that I averaged 1 min! I couldn't believe that, it is one of my worst averages in my speedcubing history, I intentionally made a DNF, and my other times were like 39s, 40s and 1:00 min. But it doesn't matter, It was my first competition and I’m really excited because now I know that competitions are organized in my city and I that I will be prepared to give my best on the next one. Also I officially consider the G-perms my least favorite PLL cases.

P.S. I won’t forget to eat chew gum the next time I compete. 

Thanks and I hope you enjoyed this post. I will leave some photos down here of the competition.





 This was my first or second solve










Other competitors


The three winners




2 comentarios:

  1. Hey, I think your experience was pretty cool, hope you get in a new competition soon.
    Even though you may be sure about losing, I would recommend not doing any intentional DNF's. Treat the extra tries as if they were the first, maybe that can help you practice with pressure.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yes, it was really cool. That's true, I will follow your tip at the next competition, so maybe I can get better times, and I will practice a lot the G-perms. Thanks for your comment!

    ResponderEliminar